Some of the ads you receive on Web pages are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different Web sites. This type of ad customization — sometimes called “online behavioral” or “interest-based” advertising — is enabled through your computer browser and browser cookies.
This video explains how behavioral advertising works on advertising networks such as Yahoo, Google and MSN.
Read the case study which will also be handed out to you in class.
Watch the video below which demonstrates Toys “R” Us Hong Kong’s mobile marketing tactics:
Answer the following questions:
- Who is the target audience for the mobile app ?
- What other channels (both online and offline) were used to promote the mobile app ?
- What are some of the “fun” and “rewarding” experiences customers can have while using the app ?
- What other digital marketing channels does the mobile app integrate with ?
- How does Toys “R” Us’s mobile app help support its CRM objectives ?
Welcome to a new semester and our first class for I.T. in Marketing here at HKU SPACE !
Since this is our first class, we discussed the learning objectives for the course and our timetable. Important technology and digital marketing concepts such as the Internet, the Web, cloud computing, mobile platforms, search engines and social networking were introduced in our lecture.
The learning materials for this class can be downloaded via the links below:
- Unit Outline
- Lecture Note
- Tutorial Answers
- Colours of Life Online Video Campaign by Dulux
- Lee Kum Kee (web site)
- Lee Kum Kee (Facebook)